Debora Brownyard, J.D.
Debora Brownyard, J.D., serves on the Advisory Board of An Olive Branch. She also is our lead trainer. She has served as the director of the Nebraska Supreme Court’s Office of Dispute Resolution (ODR) since 2005.
- As the founding director of Nebraska Justice Center, an Office of Dispute Resolution-approved non-profit mediation center, Debora actively mediated and facilitated family and child welfare matters, tribal and multi-jurisdiction public policy an environmental issues, as well as church, cultural, and community disputes.
- She has developed curricula for and is a trainer in basic and family mediation, restorative justice and community dialogue, and other conflict resolution topics.
- Debora has partnered with state and national groups to integrate these practices within the community, courts, families, and organizations.
- Debora is a member of the Nebraska Bar Association’s ADR Section Executive Committee; the Nebraska Mediation Association; and the American Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Section Committee.
- She is an active member of her local church congregation, and strives to think and live as a peacemaker.